Despite Covid and the difficulties that the manufacturing sector is facing, such as the scarcity and price increases of raw materials, 2021 proved to be a positive year for TechMass. We have achieved numerous goals and learned new lessons to improve ourselves even more. Here is a summary of our 2021.
In 2017 TechMass was born with the aim of helping all manufacturing companies to remain competitive in the market, thanks to a solution accessible to all. To pursue this mission, we are committed every day aiming to become the best solution in Italy for monitoring production performance and managing factories.
The constant growth, which continued in 2020 despite the outbreak of the pandemic slowing down investments in Industry 4.0 all over the world, led us to the beginning of last January with an awareness: to work in the following 12 months to increase the quality of all business processes and, obviously, also that of the product with the aim of making it more robust, functional; to improve the positioning in the market thanks to the network of partners we have built and to increase sales with more structured commercial processes.
The goal for 2021 was, in all company areas, to aim for a consolidation of all processes. So focus on growth but do it in a sustainable way. A mantra with which we also accompany the adoption of our solution in companies.
We thus have:
– Strengthened all internal processes of all company areas: sales, R&D, delivery and marketing.
– Made the solution deliverable by all partners who are increasingly able to enable new companies to use the solution without our support. A goal that has been made possible thanks to constant improvements in both process and software.
– Thanks to TeamSystem‘s direct and indirect network we have increased and improved the positioning of the MES solution in Cloud in the market and we have come into contact with many new manufacturing companies in the most varied production sectors.
– The internal team has continued to grow and we are now almost 10 people.
– The architecture of the entire system has become robust, scalable and more monitored. An intervention that will be followed by the migration of customers to a new infrastructure with the aim of guaranteeing more and more a fluid and solid solution.
– The product evolves every month with the release of new features. The most important were the introduction of the Andons, key enablers in lean manufacturing, and of multi-pallets.
The path was obviously not always simple but how we found ourselves facing challenges and making mistakes that allowed us to continuously improve:
– It is important that all business areas know how to adapt to surrounding changes that are not always foreseeable. In the case of marketing, for example, we tried to pursue new growth strategies, also driven by the need to balance the strategy with an uncertain context created by the pandemic.
– It is important to focus on continuous improvement of processes. The sales process, for example, has thus become more robust in order to avoid losing deals and opportunities and to understand and be able to meet the needs of our next customers.
– The importance of working proactively and not reactively. A cultural change that prompted us to think like a product company. For example, R&D has started working on roadmaps that have a clear vision of the activities to be carried out in the following months (against a previously reactive vision in which we followed customer requests).
– Base work and decisions on data and analysis. An approach that we always recommend to all companies and which involved all internal areas. In the monthly reviews, in which all teams present their contribution, the results achieved, the gap analysis and corrective actions always start from an analysis of the data collected in the previous months.
– Quality always rewards. We therefore spend more time developing new features and testing them, to ensure that we release a functional and free product.
The focus on continuous improvement has allowed us to understand where to act to correct errors and inefficiencies and to obtain concrete results that we had set for ourselves.
Translated into numbers, today we have more than 80 Customers, a consolidated team that will continue to grow in the coming months and the awareness that we have done what we set out to do at the beginning of the year. We also managed, in November, to participate as exhibitors in two physical events and we hope in the coming months to be able to continue to meet the companies in person.
The entire path taken will be preparatory for 2022, the year in which we aim to enhance all the work done by aiming at an ever-increasing scalability of our product.